Live-cell fluorescence single-molecule imaging just emerged in the beginning of this century. Our laboratory aims at extending this potent approach of viewing specific molecular events in living cells.
- Feb. 21, 2014 A new paper by Yamashiro et al. is accepted for publication in MBoC. In this article, we introduce a new easy-to-use single-molecule speckle (SiMS) microscopy which enables nanometer-scale flow velocity and wide-range lifetime measurement of cellular actin filaments. We discovered gathering and collecting actions of focal adhesions on the lamellipodial actin flow. (Link)
- Jul. 18, 2013 The publication list has been updated with Higashida et al. (Nature Cell Biology, 15, 395-405, 2013) .
- Jul. 10, 2012 The article on our collaboration with Dr. Vavylonis Group appeared on the Lehigh University Web site. (Link)
- Feb. 2012 A basic procedure of live-cell single-molecule speckle microscopy is published in Meth. Enzymol. (Link)
- Oct. 20, 2011 A paper by Masahiro Maruoka et al. has been accepted in Biochemical Journal. (Link)
- Oct. 5, 2011 A paper by Smith et al., which was supported by the HFSP grant, is published in Biophysical Journal. An ImageJ plugin for particle tracking, ‘Speckle TrackerJ’ is available at http://athena.physics.lehigh.edu/.
- Jul. 4, 2011 Sawako Yamashiro joined our laboratory as a postdoc.
- Apr. 18, 2011 An article by Tai Kiuchi et al. is published in Journal of Cell Biology.
- Apr. 1, 2011 Tai Kiuchi joined our laboratory as a Research Associate.
- Feb. 7, 2011 A paper in which Masahiro Maruoka is the corresponding author is published in FEBS Letters. (Pubmed)
- Jan. 7, 2011 A paper by Hiroaki Mizuno et al. is published in Science.